Thursday, January 17, 2008

R.I.P. Elvisse



Our family dog died today. We got her just before my 12th birthday. I still remember how cute and cudly she was. She was a really good dog. She always knew when we were sad or hurt and would instictively come up to us to cheer us up. In my teen years, she made sure I got up in the morning if my mom was working. She was a real part of our family. She was a companion to me when my parents divorced and was there to support me throughout my teenaged sorrows. When I moved out, she came to visit my new appartment and seemed so curious about it. Even though my boyfriend didn't really like her, she would just wag her tail and be all over him whenever he came over to my mom's place.

I know this probably sounds stupid, but frankly I don't care. Last year, when I was home for the holidays, as I was leaving she sat down in front of the door. I bent down to give her a hug and she just put her head in my neck and was really quiet for the longest time. It's like she knew it was the last time I would see her.

She had a tumor in her lungs and had been having a hard time breathing for the past couple of days. She was put to sleep this afternoon.

Now I really regret not having been home over the holidays.

5 comments:

dean said...

Oh non... :(

Julius said...

:-(

Rat In A Cage said...

Damn you for making my eyes water up. I am very sorry to hear the news. Don't regret the holidays. I am sure all of your affection over the years was treasured by her as much as you treasured hers. Stay stong & remember all the good times. Don't have regrets. (HUG)

Françoise said...

Rat: thanks and sorry for making your eyes water up. It wasn't really a shock, as she was 14 years old, but it is sad. I just hope she's in doggy heaven, if there is one...

Anonymous said...

You should know that all dogs go to heaven...that's an undenillable truth.