Saturday, October 01, 2005

BERLIN BABY!!!

We're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally my own HOME. No more living with the parents!!!! We started packing our stuff into the truck wednesday morning around 9:30 am. The truck we wanted to rent wasn't available, so they upgraded us to a 7.5 ton truck. Man is that something on the german highways! We packed up everything with the help of 5 people within 2 hours, had lunch with my bf's father and left around 12:00-12:15. You see, the last time we went to Berlin it took us about 6 hours, so we calculated 8 hours to be safe, thinking we'll be done over there max around 11:00 pm. Well. We got 3 different areas of severe traffic and many areas were under construction. We pulled up in front of our appartment building around 10:30 pm. Bf and his brother returned the truck here at the branch in Berlin around 3 or 4 am. GAWD. I never ever want to move again. I am going to live here for the rest of my life and be content with our small but comfy appartment.

It is our first appartment together. It still feels so weird seeing both our names on the doorbell and the mailbox. It's like every time I pass by, I look at it and I feel all tingly inside. It's surprising sometimes how life can just give you so much. Next friday, October the seventh, it'll be four years that we are together. I will also turn 23 years old. Starting a relationship with him was definitely the best birthday present I ever had...

2 comments:

Jen said...

CONGRATS! Even though moving can be a pain in the arse, it's SO worth it when you're finally settled.

If only boxes could unpack themselves. :P

Françoise said...

and the floors clean themselves...