Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where's spring???

Well, not anywhere near my couch. I've been sick for the past couple of days, and yesterday I thought I was feeling better, so I decided to go to work to get the most important stuff done. Bad idea!

First of all, at the latest in the subway I started feeling dizzy and noticed although my throat felt better than the day before, my head was still completely fuzzy.

Secondly, I thought it was spring. it wasn't. We had a mix of rain, spontaneous snow storm, sun and lots and lots of wind. Great!!

Today I am back on my couch underneath my comforter and won't move one inch until I'm feeling better... or at least until tomorrow afternoon, I have a flight to catch to Cologne. I REALLY don't feel like flying sick...

8 comments:

Julius said...

Although we're still having March, the weather is totally "Aprilwetter".

In German, we have a saying:

April, April,
der weiß nicht, was er will!
Mal Regen und mal Sonnenschein,
dann hagelt's wieder zwischendrein.
April, April,
der weiß nicht, was er will!

(abstract: The month of April doesn't know what he wants. Sometimes it rains, sometimes it's sunny. In between, it hails.)

Julius said...

By the way: Get well soon!

Françoise said...

merci! dann möchte ich Sommerwetter haben! :)

Rat In A Cage said...

It's been 27 degrees here all week. Too hot.

I hope you feel better soon!

Flying sick is the worst. Have a great trip.

How is the subway system there?

Françoise said...

Ratty: Thanks! The subway system in Berlin is awesome, it's incredibly extensive, gets you pretty much wherever you want to go inside and around the city, and the best part is that main lines go 24/7, so if you have to catch a really early plane or if you're out partying until 5 am (bars don't have an official closing time here), you can always take the subway (or bus or streetcar)

Rat In A Cage said...

That really is great. I love when I go on vacation to not have to rent a car. It just reminds me of being back in NYC being able to use the trains.

I am looking forward to my week in DC next month. I'll be able to use their Metro system the whole 8 days also, including from the airport to downtown.

I love my trains!

Some day back to Germany!

Françoise said...

oh, yeah, I think having a car in Berlin is more bothersome than anything else. In Cologne they're also testing new tickets: you just dial a number as you hop on the train and they send you your sms-ticket within seconds and bill your credit card or bank account. It's so cool!

Rat In A Cage said...

I wish just once I read that the US was leading the world in some cool new development like that.

Sounds great!