Monday, July 21, 2008

What the hell have you been up to?

I've been working hard on my final paper before I get my bachelor, applying for a Master of Education, and preparing my well earned and long overdue vacation.

I'm leaving for a week in August and going to the "countryside" in Brandenburg - the area around Berlin. We rented a small house on a lake, where you can go swimming, paddling and bike riding. Friends of ours will be visiting for 2 days and I can't wait for the R & R!!! And knowing myself, I will be in the lake about - oh - 8 hours a day!! and the rest barbecueing!!

Then, in September, my Daddy is coming to visit me (yay!) and we'll be visiting Dresden for 2 days and Prague for 3 days. It's been way too long since I last saw him (21 months) and I really can't wait. He loves Berlin, too, and has been dreaming of Prague for years, so it'll be fantastic.

In October, a very good friend of mine and her husband will be in Frankfurt for a couple of days, so I'll be heading down there to meet up with them and visit the city with her (hubby will be working at the bookfair). Right after that, I'll be back in Berlin, where my aunt will visit me for 4 or 5 days - that'll also be great.


And at the begining of December, I'm heading back home (finally!!!) for Christmas. Haven't been there for 2 years and am totally looking forward to catching up with friends and family.

the next months are very promising...

3 comments:

Rat In A Cage said...

I'm in a rush to get off to work, but that news IS ALL GREAT!! I hope each of those events will be as much fun as they sound like they will be. I am sure the time with your dad will be fantastic. Enjoy it all! Be sure to get lots of your wonderful photos. I've never been to any of those places, and your photos are always so wonderful from your trips that it's like a little travel preview for us readers. Thanks.

Françoise said...

Ratty: (like your new name? hehehe) I will take tons of pics, and post them as usual 2 months late :)
you going on vacation? aren't you going to NYC in the fall? Sorry everything is so busy here, kinda got caught up, but sometime we really have to arrange for you to see berlin...

Rat In A Cage said...

Anytime a cute girl wants to give me a nickname, ifine by me!

I am hoping for NYC in Sep & yes to berlin some time.

Ratty