Friday, July 25, 2008

The problem with german youth...

is just out of control. Once again today I experienced a crazy situation with teenagers, except this time I was in the middle of it. I left this afternoon to go teach a class, and just as I was waiting to cross the street to get to the tram station, I noticed three teens waiting next to me: a guy, maybe 16, a girl maybe 15, a smaller guy, probably 13 years old. I noticed they were looking in my direction, but I ignored it, thinking they were looking down the street.

When the light turned green, I crossed, and the little guy bumped in to me. I look at him, and just as I was going to say something along the lines of "hey, careful there buddy", he looks at me wth crossed brows and says in German, roughly translated: "hey watch where you're going!". To what I answer "hey, relax, you can't just talk to people like that". Then he answered "shut up, bitch". At this point I looked at the sixteen year old boy, which I assumed was his older brother, thinking he would tell his little brother to be quiet or be polite to strangers or something. But he kept quiet, and looked on, amused. I looked down to the 13 year old and told him "how old are you? I'm sorry we bumped into each other, but you can't go around treating people like that", smiling to try and deescalate the situation. To this, he started getting in my face, bumped me again and told me to wipe that stupid smile off my face!! All the while I'm thinking "this can't be, he's a thirteen-year-old kid!".

Anyways, as we arrived at the tram station and it seemed as though I was going to have to wait for the tram with these devil kids, I decide top go further down and at least get on another wagon than where they're getting on. As I pass in front of the sixteen year old, he looks me straight in the eye and says: "I always wonder how come people as ugly as you dare to come out in public during daytime". What the??

I'm just ignoring them, open a book and try to concentrate on that. The tram finally comes, and they follow me. As I sit down, they pass down the aisle next to me and the thirteen year old hits the book out of my hand. There are 2 other adults who just keep on minding their own business (thanks for the help there) and I just keep on reading. As the kids sit down I think I'm in the clear, and start enjoying reading, and just before they finally get off at the next stop, the thirteen year old creeps up behind me, takes me by the back of my neck and rams my head into the seat in front of me, saying something like "here, have a good look at your stupid book"!!!!!!!!


I really, really, really don't understand what motivates children to think and act like this, but one thing is for sure: their parents should be in jail for creating sociopaths...

And I'm going to be a teacher. Lucky me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this is so horrible... I'm totally speechless and bewildered.

dean said...

Ouin, pas cool du tout. Et par la force physique entre une fille et un gars, y'a pas grand chose à faire. J'aurais aimé y être.
C'est pas compréhensible ce genre d'action. Ça été toi, mais ça aurait pu être la fille d'à côté. You just picked the lucky number.

Françoise said...

Julius: :( I know

Dino: I wish you had been there! At the same time, what do you want to do? While I wouldn't have minded kicking the sixteen year old's ass, what do you do about the thirteen year old? YOu could see he's still a kid in his head... You can't just beat up a kid...

Rat In A Cage said...

I would have rained hell on them, little fuckers. If you knew who they were, I might fly out there just for some payback, lucky little shitbags. That is why I ALWAYS GOT INVOLVED on the NYC Subways. Shame shame shame!!! on those adults who did nothing. Disgraceful. I have been in those situations, not as the one getting picked on, but as a witness. Funny how when my 6'3" 230 lb body tells some little shit to shut up, they usually listen. One pulled a knife and I quickly took it from him & then he really shit his pants. Stupid kids come from stupid parents. There ought to be a test to have kids.

Sorry you had to endure that. That blows. I am so fired up just reading it. It won't be long until they pick on the wrong kid.

The lesson here is that when the class acts up, you need to go after the biggest toughest kid first & kick him out of the class or however you discipline kids in Germany. That puts most of the borderline mishief kids in line fast.

Same in public. Not that you should have done it, but a kick ror punch or attack on the 16 year old would have sent them all running. Always go after the biggest in that sitation if it comes down to having to get physical. Then call me & I'll come hunt the little fuckers down & cut up their bodies & bury them all over Germany.

HUGS FOR FRANKIE!!!!!!!!!

Françoise said...

Ratty: Thanks for your sweet comment. I swear to god right after it happened, I thought of you and how you would've kicked ther asses if you had been there :)

I was too afraid to react, and afraid if all three of them jumped on me, I would've been in big trouble.

You're lucky to be so tall, but with my 5 feet 4, I don't think I'd scare anybody. Maybe I should get a tattoo and start lifting serious weights to look scarier...

Rat In A Cage said...

Well, it is always smartest to walk away when you can no matter the size of those involved. You never know who has a gun (at least here in the U.S.), but when you feel like you are in physical danger and half to do something, the element of surprise is a great weapon. Just charging as fast as you can & screaming as loud as you can and flailing your arms as crazy as you can will usually catch them totally offguard and send them running. Glad you're pyhsically okay after it all. I guess that's the main thing. Now you understand why Bernie Goetz here was such a cult hero, inspiring bumper stickers reading "Every Mugger Deserves What He Goetz." He was the guy who starting shooting a group of kids on the NY Subway when they were hassling him.

Rat In A Cage said...

have, not "half" - I guess I was thinking about your height when I said "half" =)

Françoise said...

Yeah, I'm glad I'm physically ok after that too...

he started SHOOTING the kids? On the one hand, I find it shockingly violent, on the other, you have to protect yourself, right? What do you do when you're alone against a gang and there's no police around?

I guess that just about sizes up the debate about firearms in America, right?

Here it's really hard to get a gun, so I don't think that's a risk here. In general I feel a lot safer here than, let's say, on the streets of NYC or LA. (ALthough I didn't live there, I was just passing through).

I think the biggest problem here is the absolute HATE these kids have against anybody and everybody... If the society creates this situation, there must be something you can do to change it...

Françoise said...

And I've decided I'll be looking in to some self-defence classes in the fall...

Françoise said...

oups self-defense...

Anonymous said...

Hallo Francoise, ja wie du siehst lese ich ab und an mal in deinem Blog :-) Ich bin wahrscheinlich auch die einzige die hier auf deutsch was schreibt LOL. Mensch das ist ja echt heavy, was dir da passiert ist!! Ja die Jugend wird immer krasser, aber das ist ja nicht nur in Deutschland so - nur das sie hier vielleicht nicht so bestraft werden, wie in manch anderen Ländern. Ich hoffe du hast dich von dem Erlebnis wieder gut erholt und fährst jetzt nicht Tram mit der Angst im Hinterkopf, das dir sowas wieder passiert. Du hast ja geschrieben was hättest du machen sollen, weil die noch so jung waren - mal ganz ehrlich, auch wenn sie Kinder waren - hättest du dich gewährt, also mit Fäusten, hättest du im Nachhinein wahrscheinlich schlechter ausgesehen, weil es immerhin 3 Leute waren. Ja da hast du dir wirklich keinen leichten Job ausgesucht ;-) Fühl dich gedrückt, LG aus Kölle Stella