Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm back!!

I'm back from my vacation! We were in Cologne, then in South Germany, but the weather was bad, so we drove straight to the alps, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. Then we drove to Freiburg, in Germany, and attended the wedding of a friend of mine - here are some pictures of the alps!!




cows in a clearing on the mountain - you hear them from far away, they all have bells.




view of the Rhine Valley between Liechtenstein and Switzerland



cute little house in the mountain - we had a beer here on the way down...




the trail close to the top...



view from the top - it was kinda scary and really windy - but hey, I made it up to 2000 meters... The whole hike was 1,2 km upwards and took about 3 hours.



this is me sitting on the border between Liechtenstein and Austria.



cute little door on the trail




Vaduz, capital of Liechtenstein ( has about 5 000 inhabitants - the whole country has 30 000)


This is our little group before leaving for the wedding:





and here we are with the happy couple.

It was a great, albeit short vacation. And a great wedding. I had fun!

4 comments:

Rat In A Cage said...

In 1986, I was actually in Liechtenstein, (at the time, West) Germany, Switzerland & Austria! Were you even born then?

Anyway, lovely photos! It's just always amazes me how different photos of Europe look from ones of the U.S. - very beautiful for both, but so different.

I love the border shot, the little door & all of them.

I have to say you look totally smoking hot in that maroon (ish) dress. Glad you had so much fun. What a great way to spend part of your vacation after working so hard. I'm happy for you.

Rock on, Frankie!

Rat In A Cage said...

*** Disregard that hot comment. Now that you mentioned 1989, I feel incredibly creepy & perverted. I guess all of you overseas accomplishments and travel just make you seem so much not like jailbait. Revise to, "gosh, you look pretty."

Françoise said...

what?? I didn't mention 1989, I said I was born in 1982, which means I'm 24, not 14, so don't freak out!

Rat In A Cage said...

24? You just said 25 on my site. Huhm. Maybe neither of us can add. Anyway, thanks for cracking me up. I guess I better work on my math skills. Not good since my whole job is math.