Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yes, I'm still alive

Well as John has pointed out in his comment on my last post, I haven't posted ina month. The reason is very simple: My dad was here until last thursday, and I didn't spend much time on the computer. It was a great three weeks, my dad is really a great guest, and I would have kept him 2 weeks longer!! :)

It was hard when he left, because before he came to visit, it was as if I was living in a parallel universe or something, completely cut off from my family and friends from home. Now that he was actually here (the first one to visit me), I really REALLY felt home sick.

THe second week that my dad was here my bf came back from spain and marocco. It was really good to see each other again.

University has started last week on wednesday, so this will me my first full week of the summer semester. I think I'm starting to get the handle of the uni here, although I'm still in shock that I've actually managed to pass all my exams (in german) last semester...

On a lighter note, there is an erotic fair here in Berlin, in my neighbourhood. There are posters everywhere advertising in and it in the Max-Schmeling-Halle. Yesterday as I'm walking home from work, I see a bunch of 17 year old boys, looking all awkward, and one comes up to me and asks "Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the Max-Schmeling-Halle?" I know I'm evil, but I just couldn't resist... Me, fairly loud: " The Max-Schmeling-Halle? Oh, you mean the Erotic Fair! ..." and then I proceded to giving them directions, though I don't know if any of them actually listened to me, they were busy examining their shoes and becoming bright red. Na, anyways you have to be 18 to get in.

Last night I played poker with a couple of friends until 4 am...

Thats it for now, enjoy the spring, here flowers are blooming and trees are in flowers!!

1 comment:

Rat In A Cage said...

You are evil. They don't want to see anything you don't want to see. Geesh. Funny though.

Well, glad you had such a great time. It's better to be homesick than to not miss it at all. Believe me on that.

Hope you won some money in the game so you can get to the fair.

Good luck with the new semester. In German - I know you reported that before, but wow - that is really cool. What a great life experience you are having. Embrace it all.