Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dear Reader,

(I'm pretty sure you're the only one who still comes by - understandably). No, I haven't joined a street gang, nor ran off with the circus or gypsies and haven't cracked under pressure (until now at least).

I handed in a very important paper on Monday and will be handing another one (a bit less important) on Tuesday. When I finish my Master studies, I will never write anything again, I swear!!!

Looking forward to the summer road trip, I hope the canadian embassy will process my passport application quickly.

On another note, I talked to a good friend of mine back home and she told me our 10 year high school reunion - which I missed and it was really getting to me - was actually boring. I'm starting to realize my home is really here now.

I'm starting to gather info on getting a work permit for after my studies and apparently it'll be simpler than I feared, since I'll be considered an academic and that apparently makes it easier for all things immigration here.

What else? Hmm, not much. Heard back in sunny CA all hell brooke loose because of proposition 8.

Yesterday it was 30 degrees in Berlin and there was a thunderstorm. I like thunderstorms!! (and watching late night horror movies alone - at least when I'm brave enough to finish them)

Enough rambling. I'm alive and ok, cancel the search party...

1 comment:

Rat In A Cage said...

Glad to hear it. I've been working 12 - 14 hour days for months so have had no life to speak of other than the couple of trips.

Yeah, I heard there were protests over the proposition. I just don't care one way or another. From what I can gather, the gay couples have all of the same legal rights (insurance, etc) as heterosexual couples. The fuss is over the word "marriage" which their unions are not legally called now. I guess that during the brief period it was legal, 18,000 people (or couples, I forget) got married & they will still be classified as "married" but no others. If it's all over the use of a word, I don't get the fuss. Then again, I'm not gay so maybe I am just not sensitive enough to the issue.

From living out here as long as I have, they seem very accepted all over the place, and I don't ever hear of any discrimination or gay bashing or anything like that.

Live and let live.