Sunday, May 28, 2006

*

The bf's parents where in Berlin over the week. They came over for dinner last night, and it was a big deal for me, because I really want them to like me. I cleaned the appartment spotless and made for dinner grilled salmon in a white wine cream saffron sauce with schallots and lime, rice, and a fresh salad to go with it. I think they liked it. Well, I'm happy it's over cause I was a nervous wreck the last three days.

Today I am starting a Kayak class, every sunday from 3pm tp 7pm. I'm excited about it, but right now the weather is not so good (13 degrees C and rain). But whatever, I'm canadian, I can take it.

3 comments:

Rat In A Cage said...

Congratulations!

I have been cleaning on and off the past two days myself for the impending date. Jimminy cricket. I even cleaned out the whole inside of the regrigerator. What the heck?!?

Françoise said...

whoa, she's coming to your place?? how stressful! At least you have the whole kitchen drawer close at hand. Good move with the fridge... if she does look in it, she'll be impressed.

good luck and let me know how it goes.

Rat In A Cage said...

NO, no, no.

I am not planning on having her over just yet, but I figured I'd be optimistic & do the massive clean now.

The thing is we're meeting after work near her job which is less than 5 miles from my place so I figured I'd better be safe just in case she finds me irrestable.

If I thought I could cook up something like you did, I'd have her over. I don't want to be too scary though so thought suggesting something near her comfort zone where she'd have her own car & could run away would make her more comfortable. She's like twice as old as you though so it's not like she's some babe in the woods.