Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Opportunities

Opportunities are the key.

I have been working the past months as a language teacher. Always between 2 clients, running from one end of the city to the other and thinking: why?

Of course, to pay my bills, and all, but I never really thought it would bring me to something else. Finally I was proven wrong.

This week I was offered a job. A real one. The mother of one of the kids I have for tutoring has her own real estate company at home and offered me to work as her secretary part time. It's perfect: flexible hours, good pay, fun environment. Today was my first day and the whole team sat down with me at the end of the day to have a glass of wine and toast my arrival!I really feel accepted and that I'm going to like working there.

In other news, 2 of my new clients are scuba diving instructors and need to practice their english to be able to teach somewhere in the south, and they're going to certify me!!

And, on sunday, for the first time in my life, I won at the lottery: 10 euros! yay me!

Observing this streak of "luck" or whatever you want to call it, it confirms my belief that I made the decision to come here. I believe deeply that life always points you in the direction you should be going, and it's your choice to take the hint or not. When you are fine-tuned to the universe, you hear what it's saying.

I do not believe in coincidences, I believe in messages. I believe in destiny, but a flexible, ever changing one. I believe in taking control of your life, but by stopping to actually listen to it. If you are unsatisfied with your life, you are the only one who can change that. Look at the future, but remember your past, good times as well as hard times, because they are what made you who you are today. Better said, through them you were able to achieve your potential. Learn from your mistakes and use the tools you acquire through them.

A good friend of mine started his own blog a little while ago, and I find it interesting and inspiring... for those of you who speak french (quebecois), please indulge:

  • Dino
  • No comments: