Friday, November 25, 2005

Snowy morning

When I woke up this morning, everything was white. The few trees we almost call our own are bare and I could see the backs of the houses from the next street. It wasn't quite bright yet, as the sun has been delaying it's entry and leaving ever more earlier, but the snow just gave a slight shimmering tone to everything. I snuggled up, close to the window, with a steaming cup of coffee, and watched nature's pure magic on a city so grey.

I noticed a light on, on the other side of the yard. I was wondering, are they too, taking the time to enjoy the morning snow? Are they peering across the yard and wondering, if I'm wondering, too?

A little bird hoped from one branch to another, looking like it was trying to find a warm spot, some comfort in the cold. And the snow kept falling and falling, in tiny little snowflakes, landing on my windowsill, and welcoming me to the world, with their beauty, for a brand new day.

No comments: