Tuesday, November 15, 2005

blogger's block

so I'm sitting here, not quite sure what I should write... feeling bad abour not posting more often... and actually absolutely extenuated. Yep, I'm making money folks! It just barely covers my basic expenses, but at least some of it is coming in. I was feeling really bummed out earlier this week because I really wanted to go home in march, but I have to face it: I just don't have the money. I'll try for august. My mom is going to be so disappointed...

Ah well. on a lighter note, I feel like I'm building slowly a circle of friends, person after person, slowly making friends. I started this english literature calss which is absolutely amazing, I had forgotten how good I was at literary analysis, and how much I actually enjoyed it.

I'm basically living like a poor student - which is what I am anyways... Had spaghetti fot dinner - again. I can't wait to make a bit more money and buy the last 2 manuals I'm missing for university. They're 15 euros a piece, and right now I just can't manage to pay that.

oh well. it'll get better.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

If you need it, from my past experience as a poor student here are a few other ideas at some cheap meals besides pasta:

Beans and rice -at least here in the States you and get 2 lbs of rice for a couple of dollars and a can of black beans for about 50 cents)

Chilli-for 5 dollars you can make enough for 4 servings

Hot dogs-use regular bread instead of buns and this meal is only about 3 dollars (4 if you want sauerkraut with it.)

Françoise said...

hi anthony, thanks for the suggestions, but

beans: in Germany? not likely to happen. we dont have bush's here, nor normal hot dog sausages, nor normal bread, for that matter. even what they call "toast bread" which is meant to be like north american bread, is hard and pretty tasteless. chili is a good idea, though.

so, heading up to these parts any time soon?

Anthony said...

Soon. I'm spending christmas with my parents but I will be flying out right after the Holiday.

Françoise said...

wow! are you ready? to which city are you coming?