Monday, November 24, 2008

If at first you don't succeed



AAliyah, produced by Timbaland a while ago.

Heard this song today, and just like that, I was back in 2000. Young, sweet and 17. That year, I was in the school fashion show, I had a huge crush on an older guy from Guadeloupe, got in trouble week after week, and really had a blast.

In 2000 I failed most of my science classes, found my true self and re-oriented my option classes to film production and drama.

In 2000, on one Friday night in August or September, I was invited to a party at my ex-boyfriend's place. As soon as I walked in, I noticed a really special guy. His blue eyes, the way he looked, everything about him was so special, so... different.

We spent the whole evening talking, and said goodbye. A friend of mine walked me home and asked "so, what's up with that dude and you?" and I answered "I have no idea, but trust me, this guy is so special, he is definitely going to play a big role in my life, I can feel it, my intuition tells me so". To which my friend laughed. He just said something along the lines of "Oh, Françoise, you hopeless romantic, wake up and smell the coffee, the guy is German, leaving town tomorrow morning and you'll never see each other again."

Well, I'll spare you the whole story, but 8 years later, here I am in Berlin...

All I can say is, gut feeling, connection to the universe or plain and simple feminine intuition, I believe in it... and won't forget the year 2000. Millenium.

No comments: