Friday, April 25, 2008

Appalled

Today I was with my bike in the train, on my way to a french lesson I was going to give in the northern part of Berlin. The wagon was pretty full, and I started noticing the different people. Among them, a woman, dressed up for work (skirt and jacket), who seemed to be around 45 years old, and had great legs, which she showed off by wearing a skirt. Now, the skrit wasn't indecent at all, keep this in mind.

A young man, maybe 18 or 19 years old, baggy clothes, huge baseball cap, huge earphones, is standing in front of the woman (who was seated). All of a sudden, he spits (in the train!)on the florr between her feet. She takes no notice of it and then finishes her phone call and resumes to chatting with the woman next to her, completely ignoring the young man. He then tells her loudly to "close her legs, because it stinks in here". (Her legs weren't wide spread or anything!!) She continues to ignore him. As if it wasn't enough, he decides to leave the wagon, or at least walk down further away from the woman, but while doing so, he makes sure to step on her little foot with his huge sneakers. The woman ignored him, and when other passengers finally spoke up, she said :"Don't worry, he's probably psycho, I'm just glad he's gone".

Now, nothing happened, because everybody ignored him, but I really had to question myself. How in the world can there still be misogynists, especially at such a young age? WTF??

Crazy people.

1 comment:

Rat In A Cage said...

I would have gotten up and cracked him in the head if I witnessed that. My mom was always sure I would die on the NY trains because she knew I'd never sit by silently and watch that sort of shit. Glad no one got hurt. If we see him in October, I'll crack him then.