Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chisinau, Moldova

***Edit: this should have been posted Wednesday, but internet cafes here are not very efficient, apparently***

I am in Moldova!!

We have hot water in our hotel room!!! (which was not the case in Ukraine) and boy am I happy to be able to read stuff. Crossing over Transdnistria was also an adventure (it's an\ part of Moldova which declared independancy ten years ago, they had a civil war and now it's a no-man's land. we spent a night there, and the borders were really something. I thought I was going to have a heart attack)

But I made it! There are so many beautiful things to see, I can't wait to post pictures for you guys and tell everything in detail about the trip.

John, in Odecca they don't have postcards, so I bought you a normal card instead. it's cheesy and written in Ukrainian, actually I have no idea what's written on it, but I hope it'll do all the same.

We'll be checking out the city tonight and the day after tomorrow we're leaving for the roumanian mountains, where we'll travel from village to village. I hope to get to visit a monastery and go hiking!!

I'll post as soon as I get internet access!!

1 comment:

Rat In A Cage said...

Thanks, babe! Looking forward to it. I never got the other one - sorry. I waiting to scan it & email it to you with a huge thnak you. I hate to tell you I didn't get it, but I didn't want you to think me a moron for not mentioning it either. So glad your trip continues to be interesting & exciting. Thanks for rsharing some stories. They're fun to read.